Thursday, May 3, 2018

Connecting with culture (and each other!)

Mixed emotions as this week comes to a close! This week has been full of teaching and afternoon sight seeing. I've enjoyed teaching the 6th and 9th graders this week with my co-teacher Ms. Hook! This week we've been teaching about how to write tv and newspaper reports and how to write good speeches. This week's topics have been out of my comfort zone, but teaching them has been nothing short of enjoyable! It's getting bittersweet that this journey is coming to a close soon.
This week has me feeling more and more like a local as I navigate town on my bike and participated in the festival on April 30! May 1st is like their Labor Day here, so Monday we were able to celebrate this holiday with one of the teachers from our school. She took us dancing which was fun and a great way to connect with the culture!
This week I've also been able to see some castles in the area! My host family took me to one in Münster and one of the teachers at our school met us at a castle in her village! The kindness and hospitality here never ceases to amaze me.

While I've been able to connect with the culture, I've also been able to connect with the other student teachers here with me and that's been one of my favorite parts! I truly enjoy sitting in cafes with everyone or eating dinner out! Shoutout to Maddie Haas for always bringing her fancy camera and taking fun pictures!
This evening I'm putting final touches on my lesson for tomorrow and packing my bag for a weekend in Berlin! Look for a post about my weekend on Monday! Now, enjoy some pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment