Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Vielen Dank, Deutschland!


Wow, I can't believe my time in Germany is over! I'm sitting in the airport in the Frankfurt and thinking about how much I've learned and grown these past 3 weeks! I learned a lot about myself both personally and professionally. I was challenged to teach topics and content that was outside of my comfort zone which made me feel more confident in my teaching abilities! I can't wait to take on my own classroom this coming school year! When I started this journey, I wanted to learn about classroom management and from what I saw during my time at AFG (and conversations with other student teachers!) I know procedures and policies I want to implement in my future classroom.

I want to say thank you to everyone that helped me while in Werne, Germany! I'm so thankful for the kind teachers at AFG that let me teach their students! Thank you Heike for making sure we were well supported and challenged while in Germany! This program couldn't work without you. Thank you to my host parents and siblings for being the most hospitable and kind family ever! I can never thank them enough! Thank you Elizabeth Hook for co-teaching with me and translating all the menus at restaurants! Thank you to my parents for supporting me in every way possible so that I may take trips like this that teach me things that just aren't possible in a classroom in the US! Danke euch allen!!

I'm so excited to return home, see my family and friends, and graduate on Saturday! I'm excited to bring my knowledge into my future classroom and see how I can impact my future students. Below are pictures from my last week in Germany! Don't forget to watch our group project video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQYTyD_lVps&t=1s . Go Tops!
Reflecting at a Holocaust memorial in Berlin
Group picture in Berlin
My sweet host sister, Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment